Benefits of Pets Visiting Nursing Homes
- Facilitate human contacts; people become more social, interactive with other people, and verbal.
- People smile more.
- People's need to nurture is fulfilled.
- Provides stimulation.
- Physical therapy:
-Petting an animal is better than physical therapy for arthritic fingers and much more enjoyable.
- More positive response than to arts and crafts or visitors coming in to visit for the day.
- Assist in recall of memories and help sequence temporal events in patients with head injuries or chronic degenerative diseases of the brain such as Alzheimer's disease.
- Stress Relief.
- Combat depression.
- Something to look forward to - often a visit with a pet is the high point in a shut-ins day, bringing happiness and a sense of well being.
- Improved psychological well-being.
- Improves rehabilitation process: in the length of stay, physical and psychological attitudes.
- Alzheimer's patients have fewer anxious outbursts.
Providing Expert Care For Cats and the
People Who Love Them Since 1987
601 N. Whitney Way, Madison, WI
608-238-2287, Fax: 608-238-1633, firstname.lastname@example.org